Veritas Senior Software Engineer in Walldorf, Germany
We are looking for a Java Developer responsible for building scalable enterprise-grade applications.
This includes complex groups of backend services and their frontends (desktop and mobile). You will be part of a talented team whose primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the teams working on different layers of the ecosystem. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. You will be taking part in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, re-usable, testable and reliable Java code
- Identify bottlenecks and issues and devise solutions
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design and architectural patterns
- Familiar with JVM concurrency, security and scalability principles
- Familiar with code versioning tools (such as Git), build tools (like Maven and Gradle), test frameworks and continuous integration
- Experience in Cloud Computing, virtualization and datacenter technologies (like VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, …)
- Experience in Semantic Web / RDF, graph database and NoSQL technologies (like Apache Jena, RDF4J, Neo4J, MongoDB, …)
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .