Veritas Associate Software Engineer in Roseville, Minnesota
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing:
- Work with engineering teams to develop test methodologies to test different features of Backup Appliance Platforms
- Contribute in Predictive Failure Analysis for various Appliance HW Components
- Establish Stress Tests, DVT (Design Verification Tests) to qualify various firmware/drivers/miscellaneous releases
- Establish/Enhance automation testing
- Work with Engineering teams and vendors to establish multi-level regression tests
- Help with Root Cause Analysis of high profile field issues, drive vendor engagements
- Work with Information Development teams to establish industry standard product support documents
- Contribute in establishing training material for internal and external audiences
- Utilize, Monitor and manage Continuous Integration Pipelines
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Experienced with QA methodologies
- Analytical mind carrying root cause analysis approach applicable to hardware, firmware and software
- Experience in languages such as C/C++, Python is required
- Experience with Linux, Shell/TCL scripting is highly desired
- Solid understanding of Integrated Storage System is a huge plus
- Experience writing test plans for Integrated Storage Systems is a huge plus
- MINIMUM MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus
- AGILE Development Practices
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .