Veritas Associate Manager, IT (Service Cloud/AEM/Lucidworks) in Pune, India
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.an
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only do but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
The role which is a hands on team manager, will manage a small team of support engineers and also be involved in the triaging and investigation of issues. The manager will work closely with the support teams and development teams to understand the impact and root cause of issues. They will co-ordinate the response and resolution to problems reported, and will define projects to improve our systems as part of a continuous improvement program. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly when under pressure.
What you will be doing:
- Provide day-to-day managerial oversight for the Americas support team
- Be a hand on technical support lead by covering one or more of the applications
- Support is typically level 2 and level 3 in nature.
- Deploy and configure new instances of software.
- Managing a team of 4-5
- Capacity management including monitoring and planning.
- Disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Work with central infrastructure teams to design and manage our physical environment (hardware, networks, etc.)
- Responsible for the QA environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with the research, trading and software engineering teams to ensure that we are building software that is well designed in terms of production deployment.
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- 10 + years of experience in a support role with evidence of increasing responsibilities over time
- Good organization skills - able to demonstrate the ability to put in place structures and process to generate consistent results
- Knowledge of applications and ability to troubleshoot .
- Ability to troubleshoot through a Unix environment
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate prior delivery in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Overall 1-3 years of experience in Production support/Application support. Has experience with Incident management system like Service now and able to triage the issues.
- Respond appropriately to stake holders. The suitable candidate Should be ready to work in Shift as required and should ready to work in DevOps model (a combination of development and production support)
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .