Veritas VP, Human Resources in Mountain View, California
The Veritas Vice President, Human Resource Business Partner role strategically partners with the Executive Vice President, Chief Product Officer and leadership team for the Veritas Products organization to:
- Design and drive the organization’s talent strategy
- Consult on and drive organization design, development and effectiveness activities
- Implement practices and programs related to talent management, workforce planning, people and leadership development, and changemanagement.
As a leader in the Veritas HR organization, this role will also contribute to the ongoing evolution of the Veritas HR function through participation in company-wide HR/Talent relatedinitiatives. The Vice President Resource Business Partner also leads a direct team of HR Business Partners responsible for providing strategic human resources support for the product business units.
- Partner with leaders to ensure business strategies and priorities are enabled with the right talent acquisition, planning, development, and retention programs and intended outcomes
- Partner with leadership and key stakeholders to drive organization transformation efforts … current state to future state planning, support activities around relevant tracks (i.e. operating model, org design, culture, leadership,incentives, etc.),through to change leadership and communication plans.
- Lead a team of HR Business Partners supporting leaders in the Products organization.
- Consult with leadership on the organization’s mission, vision, strategy, and business goals; Working with strategy/planning and business operations partners, develop and roll-out frameworks to communicate and drive top to bottom goal alignment.
- Drive talent operating mechanisms across the organization in all the disciplines and functional areas (i.e. performance management, organization and talent reviews, workforce planning, rewards philosophy and programs, M&A, divestitures, and workforce realignment).
- Coach leaders to become increasingly more effective at leading, managing and developing their organizations, teams, employees and their cross-functional relationships
- Collaborate effectively with the Human Resources Centers of Expertise (Comp, TA, LED, HR Ops, etc.), Finance, and Business Operations, to deliver impact to the business.
- Establish measures of success in the design of programs and initiatives in partnership with the Centers of Excellence.
- Help leaders understand levers that reinforce a winning culture and lead with our values, drive engagement, foster an inclusive and diverse environment, and create a high-quality employee experience.
- Partner collaboratively with HR managers or project specialists to effectively carry out necessary transactional activities and processes (Total Rewards, Immigration, Relocation, Focal Planning, etc.).
- Leverage Expertise of HR Managers, HR Investigations, and the Ethics organization to resolve complex Employee Relations or Code-of –Conduct related activities; Consult and serve as a communications liaison to executive leadership on more complex cases
- Communicate and effectively position the HR operating model with stakeholders and consult with clients on the services and capabilities delivered from the different functions within HR, including encouraging the use of manager self-service alternatives
Capabilities and Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively drive successful cross-functional initiatives, setting direction, engaging multiple parties, executing outcomes, and communicating to key stakeholders
- Strong foundation across a number of HR functional areas (talent planning and management, workforce planning, OD/OE, learning & development, rewards, people engagement, employee relations, change management, etc.)
- Strategic thinking; ability to translate strategy into plans and execute highly impactful programs and initiatives (drive for results)
- Strong business acumen and understanding of general management and business cycles and practices
- Demonstrated HR business partner skills; Ability to establish credibility with business clients, be courageous with coaching and delivering feedback to clients, effectively contract with the business as well as with HR CoEs and other partners
- Requires experience and ability to manage staff across multiple locations.
- Knowledge and experience with team dynamics, organizational development, design applications, and process excellence.
- Understands the principles of change leadership and is able to architect and execute effective change strategies
- Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal; Strong executive presence and ability to present to and facilitate audiences at all levels
- Brings an “Outside-In” mindset and application of best practices
- Highly collaborative; aligns effectively with colleagues and business partners to deliver results while maximizing the success of all contributors
- Takes an innovative approach to design and execute work
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws, compensation philosophies and HR operating mechanisms.
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or equivalent experience and 15+ years of relevant experience in the HR field. MBA or related Masters degree hightly desired.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .