Veritas Principal Product Manager in Mountain View, California
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing
- Understand customer needs, the competitive landscape, and technology trends, and use this information to define the overall product, service & support strategy.
- Develop full business cases for the product services (e.g., new market opportunities, etc.) and present to executives for review and approval.
- Provide guidance and drive cross-functional initiatives & alignment with key partner organizations (e.g., product marketing, technical field enablement, sales specialists and specialist systems engineers).
- Help define our strategies to win (short and long) across all segments.
- Provide analytical, strategic-thinking and leadership support that enables the executive team to isolate business issues; be proactive in providing recommendations for implementing solutions.
What skills, experience & education you need as a team member to succeed
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field
- Product management or business development experience highly desired.
- Experience with service offerings
- Clear, crisp communicator, both in writing and verbally.
- Strategic thinker, with a bias towards action.
- Superior analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative. A problem solver who is able to make smart simplifying assumptions.
- Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations.
- Strong awareness of technology trends and their potential influence.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .