Veritas Sr. Director, Global Corporate Communications in Heathrow, Florida
Did you know data is predicted to double every two years reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020 according to IDC? That’s more bytes than liters of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses.
To address this challenge head-on, 86% of the Fortune 500 already rely on Veritas to harness the power of their data and turn it into actionable insights. But, we’re just getting started. The $2B company has recently transformed into a leading data management company. We have introduced more innovative products in the last year than any time in our history. We continue to be named “leaders” by major analyst firms. And, in partnership with AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM and others, we’re empowering businesses globally to discover the truth in information in a multi-cloud world. Now, we’re looking for a talented Global Corporate Communications leader to tell our story.
In this high-profile, hands-on role, the Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications will lead all aspects of public relations and crisis communications globally for the company, while partnering closely with the analyst relations, social media and internal communications teams. This individual will also directly manage a team of highly talented and respected PR communicators across EMEA, APJ and the Americas who are skilled at driving strategic awareness campaigns that yield outstanding and highly measurable results. The new senior director will be responsible for building external awareness for the company’s strategic vision, innovative solutions as well as Veritas’ senior executive bench.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of leading innovative campaigns and initiatives that generate exceptional results with measurable impact. The candidate must excel at collaborating with senior business, marketing and partner leaders, as well as with a dynamite set of communicators in the Americas, EMEA and APJ. The role will initially be based in Mountain View, and will transition to Santa Clara later this year as the company moves its headquarters to a brand new and exciting location. The candidate also needs to be able to travel, with international travel required at least once a quarter.
- In partnership with executive management, develop and execute a global integrated PR strategy and comprehensive program that will drive demand for existing solutions, promote Veritas’ leadership in data protection, software-defined storage and data management, and raise awareness for the company’s strategy and direction.
- Manage an in-house team of high-performing PR communicators spanning a range of levels – from director to PR manager, across three regions: the Americas, EMEA and APJ.
- Hold global responsibility for generating large volumes of coverage across the regions that not only promote Veritas’ products and solutions, but position Veritas as a thought leader in key areas of focus for the company.
- Manage a quarterly budget and oversee, at a global level, spend tied to PR agencies around the world. Continue to promote a culture of financial acumen with direct reports.
- Develop a keen understanding of the company’s corporate business priorities while also developing a deep understanding of regional business needs and competitive landscape. Ensure communications plans are implemented that can move the needle against corporate business priorities and that also have impact in the Americas, EMEA and APJ regions.
- Partner closely with other critical communications functions, including analyst relations, social media and internal communications to maximize awareness across key campaigns.
- Build thought leadership profiles for key Veritas executives through interviews, bylined materials, events and other activities. Serve as a top communications advisor to the Veritas Leadership Team (VLT).
- Establish operational objectives, quarterly plans and agreed upon metrics. Ensure internal and agency teams understand what success looks like. Make necessary adjustments when business needs change.
- Act as a marketing evangelist for Veritas to promote and inform internal stakeholders of key media and analyst coverage.
- 15+ years of corporate communications or relevant experience, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house expertise.
- Direct experience in leading the creation of the overall global corporate communications strategy, mapping to key business priorities and ensuring alignment across the corporate communications, product marketing / product management and senior leadership teams.
- Established track record in driving major media relations campaigns globally, managing programs that generate measurable results.
- Vast experience in driving thought leadership campaigns that resonate with press, tap into current media trends and drive large volumes of coverage.
- Vast experience in managing globally dispersed teams, where employees understand what success looks like and feel challenged, inspired and encouraged through professional development.
- Experience in managing analyst relations and internal communications teams (preferred). While the candidate will not manage those areas directly, the new hire will interface with leaders in those areas on a daily basis.
- Excel at frequently communicating within all levels of an organization, including the company’s most senior executives, quickly building trust and confidence with these stakeholders.
- Experience leading crisis communications globally.
- Exceptional writing skills and organizational are a must. The candidate must also have a track record of managing budgets and displaying a high degree of financial acumen.
- Excel at taking a creative, collaborative and organized approach to identifying opportunities and solving problems.
- Proactive self-starter with discipline for setting goals and metrics, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues.
- Ability to travel based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or equivalent.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .