Veritas Sr. Mgr, Product Marketing – Cloud/Emerging Technologies – Data Protection/Management in Augustine Drive, United States
Sr. Manager, Product Marketing
Veritas is looking to hire a marketing rock star to join the Cloud/Emerging Technologies Product Marketing Team!
This position is based in Silicon Valley, California.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-starter and a technology enthusiast experienced in bringing new technologies to market including, but not limited to driving messaging strategies and articulating value propositions, building assets required for successful launch, working with demand-gen teams to build compelling programs, enabling the direct/channel sales teams, and a variety of other related activities.
Experience/familiarity with cloud technologies, hyperconverged infrastructure, virtualization, AI/ML, data protection, storage/infrastructure, or analytics spaces is highly desired.
In this position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for introducing a new product to a fast-growing market.
• Own marketing/messaging strategy development
• Bring creative, out-of-the-box (cliche we know) thinking
• Exhibit strong written/verbal communication skills
• Possess skillful presentation ability (both in creation and delivery)
• Influence strategy and drive results using data
• Engage in social media advocacy including blogs, podcasts, video snippets, etc.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as AR/PR, product management, engineering, etc.
A little about the team:
Our team thrives on a “go figure it out” attitude. We don’t specify the path to take, but we do work together to make sure we’re aligned on the goal to be accomplished. For this reason, someone who embodies the ‘self-starter’ mindset will do well. That said, there are an abundance of resources willing and able to help provide guidance along the way. We encourage collaboration to drive results.
If you are looking for a big opportunity to join a company with market-leading technology, have a history of bold, disruptive marketing, and otherwise think you have what it takes to be a successful part of our team, we’d like to speak to you.
Veritas is a top software provider of data backup and recovery, business resiliency, and information governance solutions across all industries. Our customers consist of tens of thousands of enterprises around the world, including 86% of the Global Fortune 500. The IT environments of these customers are arguably the largest and most sophisticated in the world – made up of a combination of legacy systems, differing storage platforms, multiple virtualization technologies, and public/private, hybrid, and multi-cloud deployments. Helping customers manage their information and reducing information-based risks across such heterogeneous infrastructure at massive scale is no small – and certainly no easy – task, which is why customers trust Veritas technologies.
• Demonstrable product marketing success
• Discipline for goal setting/achievement
• Ability to simplify technical concepts and articulate customer value
• Ability to travel
• Bachelor’s degree (MBA highly desired)
• Enterprise B2B sales experience a plus
• Graphic design experience a plus
This position is based in Santa Clara, California. The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced product marketing professional with exceptional communication and content creation skills, and proven sales and customer facing experience to join our team as a subject matter expert for our enterprise data protection solutions.
As a Senior Manager of Product Marketing for the industry’s leading data protection company, you will develop product positioning and messaging, create compelling content and other deliverables in support of Veritas sales strategies.
The top candidate for this position will be an excellent writer and communicator with product knowledge in data protection, specifically in backup and recovery solutions. This role requires the ability to understand product, technical and market knowledge in addition to possessing or gaining a strong familiarity with the general data protection market trends, evolving technology and real-world customer objectives and requirements.
Timely execution of high quality deliverables comprising of videos, webinars, product training, selling strategies, customer briefings, and more are instrumental in driving field success, market awareness, and account wins on a global basis, with corresponding widespread visibility of your efforts and contributions.
A successful applicant will be a gifted verbal and written communicator with a distinct passion for learning and doing. We can promise you that each and every day will be exciting and dynamic. Successful candidates will embrace and thrive in this environment by being flexible, enthusiastic and driven to deliver the best content for the industry’s best products.
- Develop differentiated product positioning and messaging by understanding the different buyer personas, our partners, our competitors and the market
- Champion the internal and external communications and training of new product introductions
- Help design the go-to-market plan and manage the cross-functional implementation and delivery of the plan
- Partner with sales and channel enablement to ensure our field understands the messaging, positioning and value proposition of our solutions by developing and maintaining sales tools that support and accelerate the sales process.
- Ensure cross-communication, coordination and alignment with product management, solutions marketing and marketing teams within Veritas.
- Create and update compelling presentations, videos, whitepapers, and other marketing assets
- Support Executive Briefing Center customer visits as the subject matter expert on our products
- Participate in analyst, press and blog updates to drive Veritas thought leadership, market mindshare and influence industry/trade coverage and improve competitive awareness
- Above all, completely understand customer values and requirements for data protection solutions and deliver high-impact assets, sales tools, enablement, and training
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, with at least 5 years in product marketing, solution marketing, and/or technical marketing
- Demonstrated portfolio of impactful content, and customer and sales facing deliverables
- Ability to discern and articulate differentiating value propositions, analyze customer and market requirements and trends – both strategically and tactically, and explain technical topics in relevant business terms
- Self-motivated results-driven senior individual requiring minimal oversight who can work to accomplish large complex goals in a collaborative, yet dispersed environment
- Consistently displays intellectual curiosity, innovation, creativity, competitive spirit, persistence, commitment, passion, and optimism
- Undergraduate degree in a business or technical discipline, or relevant professional experience; MBA a plus
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .